A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Friday 28 September 2012

Little Monster!

Hey there lovely ladies! Sorry I haven't been on here sooner .......... proper slacking this week!! Not sure if it's the rivers of rain we've been having or being overloaded at work but my crafty side has certainly taken a back seat and tiredness won!! :( Today, though, I woke with a crafty boiiiiiing in my step and here's my little make ........



It's a little different than my usual makes, however, I needed to create a birthday card from my little boy, George, for his Daddy and what better image than this little cutie from Meljen's Designs called 'Fuzzer the Monster'.   George is the image of his Daddy (apart from George has hair! Hee, hee!), so I copied 'Daddy Fuzzer' and reduced in size to make 'Georgie Fuzzer' :) 

To be totally honest, I try and stay away from male cards as much as I possibly can as I find them so tricky and staying clear of flowers, lace and glitter is trickier still!!!  Also, as much as I love real furry friends, I do shy away from colouring them as they never seem to be very furry looking once I've done my bit .........  So, all in all, this was a bit whole lot of a challenge for me but I think Daddy will like it all the same :)


The papers I have used are by Dovecraft called Masculine (very apt) and I've had them years!! I do find them ideal for male cards though so I'm so glad I kept hold of them :)  I have coloured the fur on Fuzzer with Copics this time - I only have a limited number of them at the moment and am just getting the feel of them, but I think they may well be on my Christmas list this year! Ssssshhhhh ....... I couldn't help myself and had to add a bit of glitter to the eyes!  Ah well, I think Daddy's pretty used to finding glitter here, there and everywhere at home so a little bit on his card's not gonna hurt is it!!!

I typed up and printed the greeting from my PC and added a little Brilliance Pearlescent Beige ink around the edges.  I dotted some card candy around and added a brad from the same Dovecraft range as the papers.  Daddy will be SUPER pleased that NO flowers were added :)

Anyhow, I've waffled on long enough and need to get my thinking cap on for my next card ...... this time for Daddy from Mummy! Oh dear ........

Wishing you all a fab weekend!  Thanks for popping by today ...... Happy Crafting :)
Big hugs

1 comment:

  1. what a fabulous and fun card love the colours perfect hugs sasyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx