A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Saturday 1 December 2012

Butterfly Baby

Happy December ladies ...... I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by! Christmas'll be on us before we know it and, I don't know about you all, but I am NOWHERE near ready!  I always kinda leave it 'til the last minute to be truthful but, thankfully, up to press, I've always managed to get everything done on time ..... so far :) Really need to get my act together and quick!!

On to my card and, today, I am showcasing the gorgeous, most beautiful Butterfly Baby from Saturated Canary - a commissioned card for one of my lovely work colleagues, who chose this sweet baby to take centre stage on her card for her little Granddaughter .....


I embossed some pearl white card with my More Dots embossing folder, added jute from Live and Love Crafts and ribbon from my stash.  Butterfly baby was primarily coloured with Spectrum Noirs and then popped onto a doily.  I made the concertina base for the topper out of papers from my stash and a Martha Stewart punch. 

I punched the smaller butterflies from the same papers, then die cut the gorgeous Marianne Design butterfly from cream cardstock.  The corner die is the Madera Corner from Memory Box.  I finished the card off with liquid pearls and, yep, you guessed it, the all important flittering of glitter ......

..... and here's a little side view.

Anyhow, I really must fly as got lots to be getting on with ..... thanks so much to you all who pop by!
Big hugs,

xx

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Tracey.The image is really sweet and I love the concertina base, what a clever idea.

    Hugs,
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!!! what is the maker of the butterfly die cut? I love it
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah, the large cream butterfly is a Marianne Design die - hope this helps :)

      Delete
  3. FABULOUS card! I saw you on fb "the inky chicks" and had to come by here and leave you some more love. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx