A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Monday 18 February 2013

Vintage Victoria

Hello lovelies, hope you're all keeping well and happy!

I've been a very busy bee with my little creation I'm sharing with you all today.  A lovely friend asked me to make her an 8" x 8" birthday card and candle set for her sister, Wendy.  Her sister lives in Canada and so, as you can imagine, they don't get to see each other as often as they would like and so I really wanted to make this an extra special keepsake .......


First up is the card - I have used another of the 'Simply Adorable' Sugar Nellie stamps from Funkykits and this little lady is called Victoria.  I coloured her up with Copics and, as she is so very beautiful, I felt she deserved to be surrounded by beautiful papers and embellishments too :)  The gorgeous papers are from the Pion collection and you can find them here at Live and Love Crafts.  I distressed each edge and inked as well as adding cheesecloth to the back of each mat.  I also inked and stamped up a doily and popped it behind Victoria.


Have you spotted the little spools?  How adorable?  These cuties, along with the string pearls at the side and central flower can also be found in LLC.  I've admired the spools for a while now and just HAD to get me some :)  For Wendy's name I printed letters (miniscule ...... like 7mm square), cut them out and even went as far as distressing the tiny edges - well ...... they had to fit in with the theme didn't they ;)


I used my Martha Stewart punch on the second mat and elevated it to make a pocket for Wendy's birthday poem, which I made a tag for.  I stamped the birthday greeting for the top, cut out and added 3d foam for dimension then added a bow of seam binding ribbon and twine - also from LLC (boy I LOVE that store) - plus my lovely roses from The Hobby House.


I coloured the candle image in exactly the same colours as the card - although it does darken once the image has been heated onto the candle.  I added the tag poem also onto the back of the candle and added adhesive cream lace around the top and bottom.  

Copics ingredients are:

Skin:  E00, E11, E21, R11
Hair: E33, E51, E53
Hat & Jacket:  E21, E33, E35, E37
Hat flowers:  E04, R20 RV95

I'd like to enter into the following:

Anything Goes Challenge - Vintage/Shabby Chic
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Flowers and Pearls
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - Bingo (I've used Pearls, Punches & Ribbon)
Deep Ocean Challenge - Letter 'B' (I have Bow, Butterfly, Brad, Browns)
Live and Love Crafts - Tina's Sketch
Sentimental Sundays - Lace and Pearl (plus a sentiment)
Simply Create Too - Mother's Day or For a Female
The Sugar Bowl - Any craft using a Sugar Nellie stamp
613 Avenue Create - Brown/Pink/Cream or White

Thank you so much for popping by today!
Big hugs xx

19 comments:

  1. wow i love your card very vintage and luxury i hope your freinf likes it, i love your colouring i wish to buy copics soon i use spectrum noirs and would never turn my back on them ever as they helped me to colour better than promarkers and looking at what you do with the pens wants me to invest which i will end of year after my big holiday.
    well, well done your card is so inspiaring.
    AJ X X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh! tracy they are both just stunning, I love the matching candle!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely breathtaking! The colors are gorgeous as well as the image...very vintage...love the little spools and all the embellishments and can't say enough about the candle! Awesome job. Thanks so much for playing along at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy your card is a collage of beauty. The structure and placement of the many embellishments is amazingly done. This is a vintage masterpiece! So glad you shared it with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow! what else can I say - simply stunning! You have put so much work into this fabulous creation and as for those spools - I've just got to have some!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is stunning. First of all the image is super cute and your colouring is awesome. I love all the layers and colours.
    I am so glad for your take at Sentimental Sundays challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous design! The love and care invested in this project is clearly reflected in the final product! No doubt, your friend's sister will be touched. Thanks, Tracey, for sharing this wonderful project with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning sweetie this is a fabulous creation, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow she is Gorgeous!Awesome layering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning Tracey. It certainly has a lovely vintage feel and is so pretty and feminine. You have put a lot of thought and detail into both creations and the result is beautiful.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Anything Goes.
    Hugs & Good Luck, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my fabulous card, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is fantastic. Love how you colored the image. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is just gorgeous! Love all of the detail, embellishments, textures, papers and oh my gosh is that stamp wonderful! You have colored it so beautifully! The matching candle is just awesome :) Thank you for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create! We hope you keep playing!

    Kathi, Co-Owner


    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such sweet projects. Love the monochromatic colors and the vintage feel to it. You did a marvelous job! Glad you played along with us at our Neighborhood---613 Avenue Create! Have a blessed day...

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning & I am so glad that you entered it in our challenge so that I had the opportunity to see all of it. I love these images. I am partial to "Grace" because that was my Grandmother's name. :) Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs~
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Creation. Love all your details :) Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing and joining us over at Simply Create Too DT AJ~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card, love all the soft colors! hanks so much for participating in CMC challenge. DT Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is so gorgeous, and I love these motives :) Thank you for joining the challenge at LLC :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx